Proxmox WebUI Access Issue After Accidentally Moving '/'

Zireael

Jul 9, 2024
Hi, I accidentally moved '/' to another folder, which broke Proxmox. I managed to fix it by moving everything back using a Debian Live USB, but now I can't access the WebUI, and the VMs are not booting (even though they should, as boot on startup is enabled). I can only access the system by attaching a monitor and keyboard or via SSH. How can I fix this? There is nothing important on the server, so reinstalling it is an option, but my home internet is currently down. Additionally, I was nearly finished configuring the VMs and would prefer not to start over.

Is there any way to fix this?

How can I fix this? There is nothing important on the server, so reinstalling it is an option, but my home internet is currently down.
That may be the best and easiest solution.

Additionally, I was nearly finished configuring the VMs and would prefer not to start over.
Then copy off the vm disks and proxmox ve database in /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db

Reactions: Zireael

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!