Proxmox web interface 401 error after 2 reverse proxy layers.

khanhlpbao

Aug 30, 2023
My boss wanted a server setup that can easily turned off 1 node for maintenance or add extra storages. So I begin to learned about High Availability first to automate the migration of my VMs and LXC containers that contained our Nextcloud server and a bunch of others for our projects, all through the Nginx reverse proxy installed on host. However, I cannot find any spared computers for the other 2 nodes so I figured out that I will install Proxmox to 3 VMs on my Proxmox server and make a reverse proxy their IP to port 11000, 12000 and 13000 on host for practice. But when I type the IP with the port and entered the web interfaces, I constant got error 401 on both 3 webs. I have followed the instruction at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Web_Interface_Via_Nginx_Proxy to config the reverse proxy on the VM but the problem still continued. I don't know what I need to do for the host reverse proxy to fixed the error 401 completely.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!