[SOLVED] Proxmox VM internet connection, CT working

Hamu

Jul 23, 2021
Could I ask some assistance in regarding networking, let's start with the simpler task first.

I have Hetzner Dedicated server with proxmox and ubuntu 20.04 VM and CT. I have gotten the network to work on the Container and with the same setup I tried to get the VM to work, but couldn't.

I followed this guide: https://laughing-tesla-c84caf.netlify.app/
On the CT if I check with "ip add" my network is eth0 and with this one it works.
On the VM if I check with "ip add" my network is ens18, doesn't work.

Got any ideas?

It has been done exactly like in the guide and please reminder, I am total noob in networking, proxmox and everything else.

Should I use pfSense instead, if so, got any guides to setting it up?

Thanks and sorry!

EDIT:
netplan apply and netplan generate helped to solve issue as something from with vm.

Last edited:
read the docu for hetzner and the docu for proxmox first
Thank you, however I already did those and none of them worked. I solved it and all my settings were correct so nothing wrong here.
Hetzner doc is not good for beginners, I will make them a new one with better guidance.

Thank you, however I already did those and none of them worked. I solved it and all my settings were correct so nothing wrong here.
Hetzner doc is not good for beginners, I will make them a new one with better guidance.
How did u solve it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!