• 1720889515389.png
    1720889515389.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1720889522713.png
    1720889522713.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
What I think you are trying to do
I assume that you want to create a new user which can be used to login to the GUI of proxmox and ssh into the server as well

More documentation
You can achieve this by typing the following commands which I got from the proxmox user management page. If you want to learn more, like adding users to groups you can read about it there.

The commands
Note: This will create a user who can only login to the GUI and isn't able to utilize ssh to connect. If you want to change this change 'pve' in the code to 'pam' (enables ssh and GUI)

1. Add a new user using the command
Code:
pveum user add testuser@pve -comment "A test user who can only use the GUI and not connect via ssh"
2. Set the users password
Code:
 pveum passwd testuser@pve

Now you can ssh into the server using the user. When you try login into the server using the GUI make sure that you change the 'Realm' field to the correct type (pam or pve) otherwise it will not work.

1721373422619.png

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: issa2020

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!