proxmox VE learning path

rajasekhar

Dec 7, 2020
Hi Team,
I would like to install Proxmox and administrate servers. I had one server that contains Xenproject and not have a new server. now i want to install Proxmox and would like to maintain with semi automation (for example taking the vmbackups weekly, monthly and so on ). Is it possible?
I would like to start learning it first of all before installing . I have some experience wiht Vmware and xenserver. Is it learning curve is too difficult to learn? i couldn't get many courses from Udemy to learn my self.

Do you have any suggestions where to start and how to start?

Is it possible?
That feature is called backup jobs and it is possible to create those jobs in the GUI of Proxmox VE.

I would like to start learning it first of all before installing
You can install Proxmox VE itself in a virtual machine and then create further VMs in your Proxmox VE VM (nested virtualization). I don't see why you would want to avoid an installation? To me installing & trying & reading documentation seems to be better than only reading documentation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!