Proxmox VE 8.2 disconects from LAN everytime i try to upload a iso

marex

Jul 4, 2024
Hello everyone,

I recently installed Proxmox on 2 computers and created a cluster from them. Everything worked relatively well up to a certain point until it increasingly happened that as soon as I started a VM, my cluster would disconnect from the LAN. I thought it might be due to the cluster, so I completely reinstalled Proxmox on both computers without creating a cluster. However, this did not solve my problem. Now, whenever I try to do something like uploading an ISO, I lose the server from the LAN. Sometimes it manages to recover on its own, and sometimes I have to restart it manually. What could be the problem, or better yet, where exactly should I look to find the error?

It shouldn't be due to the IP configuration, as the IP addresses for Proxmox and the router were statically assigned.

Could be bad NIC, overheating, bad RAM, bad cable, bad port on switch, who knows. Start doing some testing with iperf3 and swapping out hardware after doing a 24H MEMTEST86+ and checking journalctl log

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!