[SOLVED] Proxmox VE 6.3 won't boot

crider17

Mar 7, 2021
I was playing around with installing bind points to a LXC and I was trying to permanently mount a USB drive so I entered a mount command in fstab. When i restarted now Proxmox will not boot up. I cannot get the GUI to load nor can a ssh into it. Initially I could not even get a ping reply. I unplugged the USB drive and now I can get a ping from it, but still cannot access the GUI nor ssh in. Any idea how I can correct this? How can I back out the fstab entry if I cannot ssh to it? Thanks in advance.

I don't see how an fstab entry would prevent ssh from working, but maybe just connect a screen and keyboard and login to the (Linux) console? Or does the machine have some IPMI capabilities (but I have no experience with those)?

Thank you! I completely did not think of connecting a screen. I did so and backed out the fstab entry. Now it boots. Thank again!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!