Proxmox VE 2.0 Migrate issue (from 2.0-rc1 to 2.0)

E

Eric Renfro

I have recently started getting a new error since upgrading from Proxmox VE 2.0-rc1 to 2.0-final.

When I try to migrate anything, whether online or offline, I get the following output with error:

Apr 08 17:33:46 starting migration of VM 201 to node 'ygg3' (172.17.5.3)
Apr 08 17:33:46 copying disk images
Apr 08 17:35:51 ERROR: Failed to sync data - mount error: mount.nfs: Connection timed out
Apr 08 17:35:51 aborting phase 1 - cleanup resources
Apr 08 17:35:51 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:02:05): Failed to sync data - mount error: mount.nfs: Connection timed out
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

I have checked and verified and am actually actually even using the NFS volume the VM's are setup to use, it's just completely failing to migrate entirely.

Eric

I figured out the problem. For some reason it was trying to insure that ALL NFS mounts that were enabled were mounted on either the origin and/or destination system, despite the fact that the actual vm didn't use it at all. The NFS mount it was trying to mount was shut down a while back, well before the upgrade even, but had never been configured to not be used in Proxmox itself.

Still, seems odd that it would even try to mount volumes unrelated to the VM attempting migration in the first place, let alone fail to do so because of said mount was unavailable even when not being used by the VM.

Is there any particular reason for this lack of smart behavior in this specific type of situation? Is it just always trying to mount all available mounts configured and enabled every time it tries to do something?

Eric

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!