Proxmox to Proxmox Cluster Migration

deepcloud

Feb 12, 2021
India
deepcloud.in
Hi Team,

Proxmox to Proxmox migration on old Proxmox RBD to new Proxmox RBD is supported now as I managed to do it. it works flawlessly. Moving VM from one cluster to another is so seamless that users will not even realize that they were moved from one cluster to another. Both clusters have CEPH running on it.

The only problem is the VM having disks with TPM state enabled will not work. Any ideas on what to do for such vm or any workaround?

We need to delete any snapshots and remove the VM from HA in the source cluster.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm glad that the migration works as well!

Do you have the same VM on the old node? if yes, could you please provide us with the VM config on both nodes?

If you also provide us the syslog when you run the VM on the new node.

Hi,

I'm glad that the migration works as well!

Do you have the same VM on the old node? if yes, could you please provide us with the VM config on both nodes?

If you also provide us the syslog when you run the VM on the new node.
I got a reply in another thread, its due to RBD Plugin not supporting offline export as TPM is handled by a different service and this will be handled in a future upcoming release.

Till such time we export the VM using backup and restore in new proxmox cluster.

NON TPM VM are getting migrated online from old to new proxmox cluster without a problem

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!