Proxmox stuck in /dev/mapper/pve-root: clean

dpksamir

Jun 21, 2024
Hi All,

Recently, I moved my PC with Proxmox to a different network. I had turned it off from the browser UI, and now it does not go to the login screen gets stuck, and I am unable to access the UI interface because I don’t know the LAN IP address for Proxmox.
IMG_6AA58C86-78AF-4E53-A4D5-1E410ADAC7DE.jpeg
It is starting the VM, though, I have one Windows server running, which I can connect using RDP.

When I pressed “e” and removed “quiet,” I got the following log:

IMG_CA521EB0-2EF6-40B2-ACC7-C51BBC8C027F.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 3.44.24 PM.jpg

Log from recovery mode:

IMG_1702.jpg
Please help me resolve this issue.

Last edited:
Why not disable the WiFi in your BIOS/UEFI?

(You may want to edit your title to better reflect where it really got stuck now that you had removed the quiet.)

Why not disable the WiFi in your BIOS/UEFI?

(You may want to edit your title to better reflect where it really got stuck now that you had removed the quiet.)
thank you, I tried but did not work. I have not removed "quiet", it's still there, what could be the reason?
Below is my PC configuration:

Lenovo Legion Ryzen 7 RTX 4070 Gaming Desktop. AMD Ryzen 7 7700 64GB DDR5 RAM, 4TB SSD

Last edited:
You are only removing it for the current boot (which is probably fine, once you resolve your issue, you may not care for all the output).

In the same way as you removed the quiet param, can you add: modprobe.blacklist=mt7921e and boot like that?

(Have to go now, so no quick responses after this, sorry.)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!