[SOLVED] Proxmox shows no login prompt after boot has finished.

miracuru

Jan 7, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm running Proxmox VE and everything works great overall. However, I recently connected a monitor to my server to upgrade the BIOS.
Then Inoticed that after the boot process finishes, the login prompt doesn't appear. Instead, it stays stuck at the screen shown in the attached image.

I've also tried switching to another TTY using Ctrl+Alt+F2 ezc., but that doesn't work either.

Is there something that could be wrong with my setup?
I think, I remember correctly, that after the installation, there was a boot prompt visible. But I'm not 100% sure anymore.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• PXL_20240822_100149008.jpg
    PXL_20240822_100149008.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 6
Oh, I figured out where the issue was. My grub file had wrong parameters. It had this line:
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on iommu=pt pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction initcall_blacklist=sysfb_init video=simplefb:off video=vesafb:off video=efifb:off video=vesa:off disable_vga=1 vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 kvm.ignore_msrs=1 modprobe.blacklist=radeon,nouveau,nvidia,nvidiafb,nvidia-gpu,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,i915"

I think, I had followed a tutorial a while ago with passthrought for graphic card. But I don't need it anymore.
Just passthrought for USB. Therefore I have changed the parameter to this:
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet intel_iommu=on iommu=pt pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction"

This works for me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!