Proxmox server not connecting after reboot or reboot of the router

DanXIV

May 16, 2024
Hi guys.
I'm facing this issue where my server won't connect to my LAN after the connection is lost for any reason.
If my server or router reboots my proxmox server won't connect.
It connects randomly after few or many forced reboots, and if I'm lucky it connects.
Since I'm new to proxmox and not an expert on linux I'm clueless where to start to investigate.

I searched in many other threads and forums but with no success.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I ran a couple of commands that i saw from a similar post in case someone asks me theese outputs.

1723415041817.png
1723415020070.png

Were these commands ran on one of the times when the server was connecting to the network?
If so, it's good to have, but we'll probably need it from a moment where it is not working as well (a photo of the monitor works too)
As well as the above, also try these commands:
Code:
ping 192.168.1.1
ping 1.1.1.1
ip r
ethtool enp2s0
/sbin/ifup enp2s0
ping 192.168.1.1
(yes that last one is a repeat, it's for after we've run the /sbin/ifup command to see if something changed)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!