Proxmox saying i have 3gb but i have 16gb?

AManWithProblems

Aug 3, 2021
I had switched to proxmox to host vms rather than host them on VMWare on windows. on windows it said 16GB And now on proxmox it says 3gb?

I had switched to proxmox to host vms rather than host them on VMWare on windows. on windows it said 16GB And now on proxmox it says 3gb?
3GB of what?
You need to ask detailed questions and explain more or noone can help.

Last edited:
What RAM? Free RAM, Used RAM, available RAM, RAM used for caching/buffer? RAM inside guests or on the host itself?

For example if you use ZFS as your storage its ARC will use up to 50% of your hosts RAM as cache/buffer.

You still ask no clear queststions...

What RAM? Free RAM, Used RAM, available RAM, RAM used for caching/buffer? RAM inside guests or on the host itself?

For example if you use ZFS as your storage its ARC will use up to 50% of your hosts RAM as cache/buffer.

You still ask no clear queststions...
I'm not that good with server stuff i just run vms for my websites and projects. Available ram is 2700 used ram is 300 something ram used for caching no clue what that is. not sure what ram that is. zfs no clue what that is. I rebooted my server after a day of it all working and now it has just ghosted my 16gb ram

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!