proxmox PMG 8.1.2 fingerprints not verified abort

DanielRouleau

Nov 4, 2020
Good day,

Not sure what I have to do

Looks like that since I update to all the latest update I have a fingerprints not verified error in my pmg cluster
I have 2 nodes
both node have all the latest patch installed (no package left available in the upgrade section)

Both node are running with Let's Encryp certificat

did renew all certificat this morning on both node
on master node when ordering new API certificat i have the fallowing error
TASK ERROR: fingerprint '8B:C4:5B:DB:5E:10:B9:04:1E:56:21:34:E9:DC:5C:1C:5D:52:AD:09:82:C3:5F:AD:E1:23:F6:C3:1E:C2:E0:B4' not verified, abort!

try to do pmgcm update-fingerprints after certificat renewal on both node

on master node result = 596 Connection timed out

on slave node result = fingerprint '8B:C4:5B:DB:5E:10:B9:04:1E:56:21:34:E9:DC:5C:1C:5D:52:AD:09:82:C3:5F:AD:E1:23:F6:C3:1E:C2:E0:B4' not verified, abort!

Both node are virtual VM from a Proxmox Cluster

if you have any idear please let me know

thanks

Daniel

Last edited:
After some research and test I was able to solve this issue
what I did is to get the fingerprint for each node with this command

openssl x509 -in /etc/pmg/pmg-api.pem -fingerprint -noout -sha256

then went to /etc/pmg/cluster.conf on the node with error and copy the fingerprint info for each node with the fingerprint info i had in step 1
then reboot my node

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!