proxmox on the internet

Hescominsoon

Nov 23, 2021
can proxmox be put directly on the internet using it's own firewall securely? I would restrict access to the web gui to jsut my office wan address for management. has anyone done this?

can proxmox be put directly on the internet using it's own firewall securely? I would restrict access to the web gui to jsut my office wan address for management. has anyone done this?
i want to do the same by IP reservation and port forwarding, for the same reason hahaha, and i watch video where you buy domain name and refer it to your proxmox ip and you set up mail code conformation for security measurements

I would NEVER put my Proxmox UI on the internet. I use Tailscale on my pfSense firewall and use the advertised routes feature. It allows me to log in from anywhere with my laptop and it behaves as if I am sitting right in my home lab

Reactions: t.m and UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!