Proxmox OMV LXC install: Can't pass through shared pool storage

fredu

Dec 2, 2023
Hi everyone

Please feel free to throw this out if you feel this isn't in the correct area. There doesn't seem to be a logical place to post this.

Having just completed an LXC install on proxmox for OMV, it's working.. But, I can't seem to pass any shared pool storage to OMV.

How on earth do I do this, please? The whole point behind this shared pool storage (ceph) is it's available across many containers.

I have setup a mount point (mp0). There may, however, be an easier way to do this, but I cant seem to get OMV to 'see' anything..

thanks!

Close this. OMV and LXC don't go together nicely. The only way I could get OMV to work well (i.e. 'see' any other disks) is (as many people have suggested), just to install it properly in a VM. Interesting journey regardless, learned a lot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!