Proxmox networking problem

wilbo

May 15, 2015
I have 2 Proxmox nodes in different datacenters. All the ovz and kvm containers that were made before this week are fine and have internet access. But in the last few days it seems that any time I make a new VPS, be it kvm or ovz, the networking does not work. I have been trying to figure out what I could have changed on both nodes to make this happen, but I have come up with nothing. One node was making VPS's just fine last week, but this week every time I try to make a kvm VPS the networking will just not work. The other node is at a datacenter where I have IPMI, so I backed up all the VPS's and put the newest Proxmox 3.4 on the server. All the VPS's that I restored on to the node work fine, but new ones just will not connect to the internet no matter what I do. I just use these nodes for my own personal use and do not have any paying customers. I'm at my wits end trying to figure this out and have been googling for days. Thank you in advance for any light you may be able to shine on this subject.

here is my /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 104.243.24.235
netmask 255.255.255.240
gateway 104.243.24.233
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!