Proxmox Mail Gateway - Filter on Body

SBTech

Oct 29, 2020
I'm getting a hug amount of spam about "Tinnitus", I'm going to win the lottery before someone sends me a legitimate email with the word Tinnitus in it.

Just wanted to confirm that based on my google/forums searches that I would need to right a custom spamassassin rule because I can't do it thru the interface?

Just wanted to confirm that based on my google/forums searches that I would need to right a custom spamassassin rule because I can't do it thru the interface?
Yes - this is not exposed through the GUI - mostly because in most cases it causes false positives - and can also cause your PMG to not process mails anymore because the custom rule takes too long to process.

If you write the rule - keep an eye on your logs and on the cpu-usage of PMG

Here is the reference documentation on the subject:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_custom_spamassassin_configuration

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!