Proxmox Mail Gateway COMMUNITY

Linksoft

Feb 15, 2022
Please advise how to set the junk mail and virus mail detect daily auto update like below pics.
Thank you !
1.png

2.png

Please advise how to set the junk mail and virus mail detect daily auto update like below pics.
Not sure if I understand your question?

But virusdefinition-updates and SpamAssassin rule-updates are done once per day (for subscribed and not subscribed PMG-systems of course)
by the pmg-daily.timer (and pmg-daily.service)

No need to change anything about that

If this does not answer your question, please describe you issue a bit differently

Thanks!

Not sure if I understand your question?

But virusdefinition-updates and SpamAssassin rule-updates are done once per day (for subscribed and not subscribed PMG-systems of course)
by the pmg-daily.timer (and pmg-daily.service)

No need to change anything about that

If this does not answer your question, please describe you issue a bit differently

Thanks!
Hi,

Please see attached pic in red circle.
The client said they need to click that button to update, the software cannot update automatically.
Could it be a daily schedule which could update automatically?
Thank you !

Attachments

• image-20221018-014311.png
    image-20221018-014311.png
    336.7 KB · Views: 10
Please see attached pic in red circle.
The client said they need to click that button to update, the software cannot update automatically.
are they logged in with an user with admin privileges?

else - check the journal if the task pmg-daily runs - to see if updates are fetched on a daily bases

small correction to my post yesterday - SpamAssassin updates are fetched by pmg-daily - the virus-updates for ClamAV are fetched once every two hours by clamav-freshclam

are they logged in with an user with admin privileges?

else - check the journal if the task pmg-daily runs - to see if updates are fetched on a daily bases

small correction to my post yesterday - SpamAssassin updates are fetched by pmg-daily - the virus-updates for ClamAV are fetched once every two hours by clamav-freshclam

Hi,

Please advise the steps / path for setting auto update.
If you could provide the screenshots, it will be helpful.
Thank you !

Please advise the steps / path for setting auto update.
as said above - they are enabled by default - to see if they are working check the journal:
* `journalctl -u clamav-freshclam -u pmg-daily`

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!