[SOLVED] Proxmox keeps booting into TrueNAS installer

can_weld

Apr 21, 2024
I’m trying to add TrueNAS Scale to my proxmox server and I cant get the install to boot. The installation goes fine, says its good to go and to reboot, I do so, and it just boots back into the installer.
I’m using the legacy BIOS option in proxmox as the installer wont boos on a UEFI VM.

(I’m fairly new to anything fancy like this, currently just have 2 VM’s running game servers ATM, so I may need slightly more detailed instructions compared to the average Joe)

You need to do the virtual equivalent of " ejecting the DVD drive that has the installer ISO " before booting.

Datacenter / Virtual machine / [whatever vm] / Hardware / CD/DVD drive

o Double click it and set to " Do not use any media "

Then in Vm Options, set the correct Boot Order - move DVD down below the root disk (and de-select the Ethernet adapter unless you want it trying to boot from PXE)

You can still boot manually to DVD by hitting ESC key when the VM is booting up.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!