Proxmox Installation: eye catching color

Thanks for the idea. I am not sure though how easy that would be to implement.

Alternatively you can press the ALT button which should highlight the letter that is the ALT+<letter> shortcut to click that button.

You can clearly see the focus line around the dropdown field. Why do you need color in it?
That focus/selection outline is not very clear, especially to people who are "differently-abled" in the vision department... or maybe have been up too late working and are bleary-eyed.
A bit more contrast (and/or maybe a color) would make things much more friendly, light gray around light gray is not the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: flames
I would like to avoid messing with the color of buttons, as this can introduce problems for people with color-vision impairments.
A better solution would be to draw the border on focus with a thicker line.

But actually, for a keyboard-less installation and the display/graphic issues some user experience we plan to make a TUI-based (think ncurse/newt/...) installer interface, which normally are very high contrast by default.

I think the point is to make it more apparent, just make the border larger or make the text bold or something... The orange was just an idea.

I remember the first time I installed proxmox I had no idea the next button was clickable, looked ghosted.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!