Proxmox GUI unavailable

maciekk05

Jan 24, 2024
I've been using Proxmox for a few months. Recently, however, I lost access to the GUI. The computer doesn't appear on the network. When I connect it via cable, it doesn't show up on the list of available devices on the network. I have a static IP assigned as 192.168.1.200. Of course, I log in with port 8006. It has been working for several months. I've checked various cables, and the issue persists. I found a thread on the forum, and it seems that my problem is similar.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/gui-inaccessible.112795/

I logged into the console and used the commands described in this thread. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble fully analyzing them. Could someone check if everything is okay with this configuration? And if not, what should I fix? If everything is fine, where do you recommend looking for a solution? Router settings?

Attachments

• IMG_0099 (Średni).JPG
    IMG_0099 (Średni).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0098 (Średni).JPG
    IMG_0098 (Średni).JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 7
Looks like the eno1 network device got renamed to enp4s0 (or eno1 is missing or broken or disabled). A rename can be caused by a certain Proxmox kernel update. Adjusting the configuration in /etc/network/interfaces (and reboot) will probably fix it.

Thank you very much for the quick help. You're wonderful. I changed the configuration, and Proxmox is up and connected to the network. Thanks a lot once again!:)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!