[SOLVED] Proxmox gone mega slow (PiHole maybe the cause)

Ligan

Sep 16, 2021
Hi,

Installed PiHole in a docker container on an Ubuntu server. Everything was fine at first then I accidently rebooted the whole host last night and ever since then it's been screwy. I'm talking like 1 min for it to recognise I'm clicking anything in VNC. Happens with any VM I use, was working perfectly before. I presume it's some sort of networking issue but I've no idea what's caused it or how to fix it.

The VM itself has 2 cores, 5gb of ram, SeaBIOS, Spice QXL display, Default i440fx machine, VirtIO SCSI controller and a VirtIO paravirtualized network device.

I had it set to a static ip address but just changed it to DHCP with no improvement, not sure what to check next.2021-09-19 12_15_49-pve - Proxmox Virtual Environment - Brave.pngifconfig.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!