Proxmox for Android issue

Shadow Sysop

Mar 7, 2021
I have a 3 node cluster that I normally access with the Proxmox for Android app. I'm suddenly having a weird issue after logging in. I get assaulted with repeated msgs saying

Failed Assertion: boolean expression must not be null

I'm not sure what it means, how to correct it, or how it was suddenly caused.

Note:
I use a 3rd party Proxmox app for my iPad (as Proxmox doesn't make an iOS version) and noticed that server 2 is showing as offline, though, funny enough, resource monitoring (in this app) is responding normally and everything related to this server is online and working normally. I'm assuming the issues are related but I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Further investigation shows that none of the VMs on server 2 are showing in the Proxmox for Android app, probably generating these messages, but I have no idea why this is the case it how to correct it. Google search yields no relevant results. And everything on that server seems to be working fine.

Even further investigation... Apparently, during an overnight backup job to an external HDD, the drive failed/errored in such a way that the whole node was messed up (the backup job was still "going" but actually hanging in some endless loop). Attempt to remotely soft power off the server resulting in an stop job looping infinitely (I had to goto my house and physically reboot the server). I am investigating to see if I can chase down some logs and confirm my finding.

So the issue is resolved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!