proxmox-file-restore failed: Error: given image 'drive-tpmstate0-backup.img.fidx' not found (500)

manilx

Mar 25, 2022
Trying to file restore of a Win11 VM backup I get this error each time, no matter on which datastore the backup is located:
proxmox-file-restore failed: Error: given image 'drive-tpmstate0-backup.img.fidx' not found (500)
each time.

I then can choose files and restore them but I note that on the backup server there will stay 3 tasks running forever relating to this:
ScreenShot 2022-06-26 at 11.34.02.png

This does not happen when doing file restore of Linux VM's

Any chance to fix this?

can you post the vm config from inside the backup and the file list included in the backup?

can you post the vm config from inside the backup and the file list included in the backup?
Hi
I don't understand the former, which vm config do you mean, the respective VM I back up from proxmox? "..inside the backup".
The latter is attached.

Kind regards

Attachments

• ScreenShot 2022-06-27 at 08.12.51.png
    ScreenShot 2022-06-27 at 08.12.51.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot 2022-06-27 at 08.16.31.png
    ScreenShot 2022-06-27 at 08.16.31.png
    179 KB · Views: 17
ok, thanks i can reproduce the problem, but it's only cosmetic (as you said you can restore files no problem after the error)

I then can choose files and restore them but I note that on the backup server there will stay 3 tasks running forever relating to this:
this is normal for all file-restore operations. the vm stays running in the background for up to 10 mins idling, then gets shut off
(this is done so that multiple accesses to the same backup do not start/stop the vm multiple times)

ok, thanks i can reproduce the problem, but it's only cosmetic (as you said you can restore files no problem after the error)

this is normal for all file-restore operations. the vm stays running in the background for up to 10 mins idling, then gets shut off
(this is done so that multiple accesses to the same backup do not start/stop the vm multiple times)
Ok, thx.

Something to fix nevertheless as it's discomforting...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!