Proxmox Cluster, Shorewall Rules and no external router

U

uk1974

Folks - I come from a startup and I am learning a lot of things about virtualization and networking. I hope you can help me with this scenario.

My setup is as follows
1. I have 2 servers (say host1, host2) with 2 ethernet cards on each of them
2. I want to have one ethernet card on hos1 to connect to internet provider (say ip here is 182.x.x.x)
3. I want just a cable to connect 2nd ethernet (giga bit) card (say 192.168.100.1) on host1 to the ethernet card on host2 (192.168.100.2). There are connected by ethernet cable and not through router
4. Each host will have Proxmox 3 installed and will have many VMs (say 10.0.1.x)
5. Communication between VMs on host1 and VMs on host2 should be possible
5. I would like to use shorewall to do the firewall and routing - should it install on both host1 and host2 ?

With the above setup, Can I create a Cluster? Has any one done this before? Can some one share with me what kind of configuration is required to be done in zones, policy, interface and rules files for shorewall to accomplish the above setup.

I truly appreciate if anyone can help me with some direction on how to do it ?

Thanks
Uma.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!