Proxmox cloud

spacecabbie

Feb 16, 2016
I like to add proxmox on a machine that has some spare recources but that is also hosting minecraft servers can these mutual exist or does proxmox always need a fresh install via iso ? If so what is best practice then install proxmox and make a heavy use vps for the minecraft servers ?

I have proxmox installed on separate machine this install would be used to extend the cloud.

Hi,
if your existing installation is a Debian you can install proxmox on to of it, but I would make a clean installation.
The existing server you can convert to a kvm vm and use it o the PVE host.

ok the minecraft server are running on mounted ssd drives wil i lose performance if i run them from a kvm ?

when you virtualize you always lose some performance.
But you can use hdd passthrough.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!