Proxmox + Clonezilla clone disk

Sep 21, 2023
Hi Guys, I got a problem using clonezilla to clone my vmware machine.
last week I did a task to clone my exchange, everything was ok.
but I had to remove (delete this vm) and clone again with different information(new configs, etc) on the running server( original server). however when the job was done,
my new clone vm didnt have this new information that I made on the original vm. this new clone vm brought the information from the first clone that I did.

I would like t know if any anyone got this type of situatuion.

Thanks.

So you are using clonezilla to get a source from VMware/ESXi, and then placing/cloning the image on Proxmox?
If the answer was "yes", then more than likely you accidentally used wrong source image, connected to wrong VM or executed procedure incorrectly whereby you did not actually clone anything the second time.

Nothing you described in your original post points to anything that Proxmox can possibly have effect on.
I'd recommend going over the steps again, check the timestamps on your files and your steps.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

So you are using clonezilla to get a source from VMware/ESXi, and then placing/cloning the image on Proxmox?
If the answer was "yes", then more than likely you accidentally used wrong source image, connected to wrong VM or executed procedure incorrectly whereby you did not actually clone anything the second time.

Nothing you described in your original post points to anything that Proxmox can possibly have effect on.
I'd recommend going over the steps again, check the timestamps on your files and your steps.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I was thinking about old block in ceph or something like that.
This server is an exchange server, I did new test and I realize the only old information was cloned is about a exchange db, maybe something in vss windows backup.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!