Proxmox becomes unresponsive during clone process with very high IO delay

May 8, 2024
When i clone a VM or a template the cloning goes till around 17GB of the template or VM and then freazes for a solid minute before it continous. In this 1 minute time frame the all VMs running on that disk become unresponsive . Sometimes even dropping all connections. i am running a dell r640 here with a PERC H730P Mini (Embedded). It has 1 big virtual disk in raid 5 containing 5 samsung enterprise SAS ssds. I also noticed doing heavy IO operations inside a VM like copying 40GB files or benchmarking the disk inside a vm does not create IO delays or freazes.Screenshot from 2024-05-08 19-38-03.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!