Proxmox Automated Installation DHCP issue

willifehler

Jul 17, 2023
Hi there,

I'm trying to use https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Automated_Installation to deploy Proxmox on my servers.

I have an DHCP server to assign ip addresses to my servers. During the deployment sometimes my server does not get an ip address to be able to fetch the answer.toml from my webserver. If I execute dhclient a few seconds after the installation routine has failed I do get an ip address. Is there any option include a dhcp timeout in my iso or another way to solve this issue?

Regards - Willi

Last edited:
As of now, there is no way to increase the timeout for the DHCP client in the installer. So your only chance right now is to figure out why the DHCP leases aren't provided quickly all the time. Is the DHCP server too slow? Does it have some other dependencies that it needs to query before it gives out a lease that might take too long?

Hi aaron,

I don't see any reason why it takes too long. The server has 8 NICs.

I will try to debug this or include the answer.toml in my iso.

Cheers - Willi

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!