Proxmox and Windows Server Networking not Working

TomE

Jul 9, 2020
Hello,

I have a Proxmox VE set up on a server with a 2 port network card. The motherboard build in port is for the management VLAN for accessing the Proxmox Panel. The two other ports on the network card are for the two VMs I have set up. All of my VLANs are Untagged so I don't need to tick on VLAN inside of proxmox. One of my servers running Ubuntu server is working fine on the first port.

The other server running Windows Server 2019 was also working fine until a few hours after installing VPN software it stopped working (i dont know if it was the VPN software that did it, it just happed at a similar time). The issue is that the network icon in the bottom right will have the orange warning symbol then it will go away and come back again. It does this repetedly forever and ever. When I spam ipconfig into cmd to see what it is doing, I see that when it is orange it only has an Link-Local IPv6 Address and sometimes a default gateway (the correct one). When it goes clear (no orange warning), I get the router-configured DHCP ip address, DNS server and gateway but it instantly goes away after a second or 2. I would really like to know if anyone has any suggestions for fixing this as I don't want to reinstall windows server again.

All help is appreciated and I can provide more info if needed.

Many thanks, Tom.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!