Proxmox and VMs freezes during a restore

elias122

May 25, 2020
Hello together

We use Proxmox 6.1.8 on a HP Proliant G8 Server mit 128 GB RAM and fast SSD Disk

A few days ago i want to restore a backup of a vm (see Screenshots) and during this process Proxmox and another VM on the Server freezes.

What can we do? Attached you'll find also the logs

Thanks for your help
PS: Let me know when you need more logs or so

Attachments

• logs.tar.gz
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2020-05-25 11_32_59-prox15 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png
    2020-05-25 11_32_59-prox15 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 13
What's your backup storage and what's your vm storage.
I guess that the restore had no bw limit in therefore blocked all operations on your storage which lead to freezes.
Try to limit the restore speed to keep your storage on a level were it can serve all your vms etc.

the Backup and the produtive Storages are on the same host locally. Therefore i tink this causes the hangers i will try with the bandwith thanks for the hint.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!