Proxmox and Turnkey 17.X

Sheelyuu

May 22, 2022
Hey hi,

Basically I've been big hyped on turnkey 17 because FINALLY a turnkey appliance based on debian 11.
I know you can upgrade these appliances, but it tends to make things kinda wonky, but aside of just the base distro, the big change in the introduction of webmin 1.990.

Yes you can upgrade from 1.970 (actual turnkey debian buster latest available version) to 1.990 manually, but it basically busts the whole turnkey config in the process.
And YES that 'small' update is a big deal since it both fixes security-related critical bugs (privilege escalation - CVE-2022-0824 and CVE-2022-0829) , and also you can't use the turnkey-webmin mysql module without 1.990, it's broken in older versions.

Mind you, 1.970 is Circa january 2021, turnkey 17 is a week old, so it's more on them, not on Proxmox's side.

But the gist of it is, Turnkey 17 is out, with debian bullseye, with new appliances, with critical bug fixes, any rough ETA on when it will be available in this ?

Since Proxmox is partnered with tk, and I guess are the ones veto-ing the stuff specific to their hypervisor, I'm asking.

I'm also interested with when the 17.x images will make their way to Proxmox repo.

It's been over a year since the 16.1 images were added.

Last edited:
Seems like the 17.1 images got uploaded recently and got added to the index yesterday.

So, the daily update task should have picked that already up, and they should be available for download in the storage's templates GUI or using pveam.

If they do not show up yet, you could try updating the index manually by executing pveam update.

Last edited:
Yep, saw it, already ported some containers over to 17.1 yesterday! I guess that issue is solved!

Err rectification, one of the containers I would need (which would be the ones with just progrsql or mysql) are actually still not a thing in 17.1, but eh.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!