Proxmox and GlusterFS -- Data corrupt after Gluster machine restart

tmatthaeus

Apr 26, 2012
Bremen, Germany
sorry, this post was not correct here... I will re-create a new post in proxmox configuration. it is not version 1.
can an admin please delete this post?!

Hi everyone,

I have the following situation:

vz11 and vz12 are running proxmox and GlusterFS with a replica count 2 volume...

If I am migrate all VMs to vz12 and reboot vz11 then it seems, that not all changes which are made during the downtime of vz11 synchronized to vz11. So the VM Data between vz11 and vz12 is different...

I tried to trigger a selfheal with gluster volume heal vz11-vz12 full and with a find-operation like it is written on the GlusterFS website. But there seems no selfheal running.

What I am doing wrong? Which selfheal method do you use?

Or other question: What are you doing in a two node Proxmox / GlusterFS cluster, if you need to reboot one machine, or if one of this machine is broken temporarily?

Thanks and Regards!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!