[SOLVED] Proxmox 8.2.4 vs 8.2.7 networking issue

dekkert

Feb 3, 2022
I have two identical Proxmox Server working. Both with an public IP Adress 72.x.y.z used as Gateway and a wireguard Network server I 10.48.5.1/24 and server II 10.48.6.1/24.

There is an wireguard Network 10.48.0.0/16 in the background, connecting some server. works well.

First Server at 10.48.5.1, (Proxmox 8.2.4) with an windows Server virtual machine 10.48.5.10, gateway 10.48.5.1, and an external DNS-Server works well. I have connection between the VMs, to the VMs via the wireguard network and internet access to the whole world

"Same"(*) configuration on the Second Server 10.48.6.1 (Proxmox 8.2.7) did not work. It is not even possible to ping 8.8.8.8.

Any idea how to check, test, find the error? Thank you.

Best regards
Andraes

(*) I have checked, all the same (I think)
wireguard on the 10.48.5/6.1
Promox network settings
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/iptables/rules.v4
Network settings in the Windows-Server-VM
Firewall settings in the Windows-Server-VM
DeviceManager Networking

ChatGPT (our least expensive employee) says:
Look for net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
And he is right.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!