Proxmox 8.2.1 setup issues

TechActivate

Jun 15, 2024
Hi everyone,

Recently I have taken an interest in Proxmox. I was installing it on a computer with the following sepcs:

ASRock H61M-VG3 Motherboard
Nvidia GT710 GPU
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel i5-3350P CPU

I put the ISO on a USB, booted it, but it got stuck on loading drivers. However, I fixed it by adding the nomodeset parameter. Then, it launched the setup, but there were severe graphical corruptions. It looked like there was a Proxmox logo at the top, and some text on white.
1718464328582-min-min.jpg
(the issue)
I am unable to find information about this. I also wanted to say that I know it might not be smooth, just doing it for some low-intensive VMs.
Also, I wanted to know if I could use an old router as a wifi extender, and if that would be supported for internet.
Thanks,
TechActivate 781

Have you tried Terminal UI setup option ?

edit: btw, version is 8.2
suffix -1 indicate first iso released

Last edited:
The ISO file is called: proxmox-ve_8.2-1.iso, so it should be released
Does the Terminal UI option only install a Terminal UI, or is the setup in a Terminal UI, and does the graphical option only install a GUI, or is the setup is in a GUI?

Terminal UI is just used for the setup.
it does same install as Graphical option.
Remember : PVE does not have a Graphical console on screen attached, only a terminal shell. You need another machine, because all management is done over a browser.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, I have now installed it.
I would like to know if I can use a portable router as a network extender, to connect the server to the Internet?
I have not really used a CLI Linux before, so I'm not sure how to check for network connectivity.

Thanks in advance
Edit: Forgot to say the I did go to the URL, but it didn't load (took to long to respond, probably because it wasn't up)

Last edited:
No, the computer does not have a network card, but the router has a network extender option. Can I connect it to the server via USB and get internet?
Edit: Just checked, and after doing dmesg | grep usb, proxmox does detect the router.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!