Proxmox 6 Slow QMRestore

neverforget98

Jun 17, 2019
Hey everyone,

I've recently setup a new server which has Proxmox 6 on it - migrating from a Proxmox 5 server. Transferring the files over via SCP took no time, but the restore is taking AGES. It rushes its way to 27% on a 75gb backup file in 2 minutes and then from there I let it take upwards of 3 hours to get to 75% and I had to quit it to see if I could adjust some limits or something to try and get it going faster. I've updated all the system packages and rebooted the server and I simply cannot figure out what is causing it to take so long. Anyone have any issues with this or recommendations? Hard drive is a Samsung 860 SSD 500GB with no data on it, 128gb Ram and 20 core, 40 thread E5-2670 v2.

Looking forward to any information you guys have! Appreciate it in advance.

Brandin.

Hi,
could you provide the configuration of the backup? What's the compression you used and what's the exact command you issued for the restore?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!