[TUTORIAL] Proxmox 6.2-11 VM GPU PCIe passthrough for Windows 10 on AMD EPYC

tr1on1x

Sep 10, 2020
Hi proxmox community!

When I started with Proxmox a couple of month ago I found it very hard to find a good and detailed tutorial for setting up a Windows 10 VM with GPU passthrough. Especially when using an AMD EPYC cpu. There are so many variables and things to setup, find and understand, that it took a while to dig through all the posts and tutorials and make it work stable.

Therefore I wrote a detailed as possible guide on how to setup GPU passthrough on AMD Epyc.
This step-by-step guide served me well and I was able to setup multiple VMs with multiple different GPUs flawless with this guide.

BUT, there might be still some minor errors in it or things I described not perfectly right. So I am very open for your feedback and constructive input for improving my tutorial!

You can find it here:

[TUTORIAL] GPU PCIe passthrough on AMD EPYC
https://florianmuller.com/proxmox-6-2-11-vm-gpu-pcie-passthrough-for-windows-10-on-amd-epyc-7402p-and-romed8-2t

Thank you very much & best regards!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!