Proxmox 6.1 Installer - nvidiafb: cannot request PCI regions

J1810Z

Dec 30, 2019
Hello,

I am trying to install Proxmox on my system, however, the installer shows "nvidiafb: cannot request PCI regions" and freezes afterwards.
I only have a NVIDIA RTX2070 and no additional onboard graphics.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

EDIT 1: The issue seems to be related to version 6.X. I have been able to successfully install version 5.4

Last edited:
hi,

thanks for reporting. by the amount of reports in the forum about the new ISO display problems, it seems like there might be some driver issues. we'll investigate.

I noticed that was still blacklisted on my recent installation of 6.1, not sure if that's related:

Code:
cat /etc/modprobe.d/pve-blacklist.conf

# This file contains a list of modules which are not supported by Proxmox VE

# nidiafb see bugreport https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=701
blacklist nvidiafb

As a workaround I managed to install Proxmox 6.1 by deactivating UEFI in my bios. After the installation I was able to activate it again and everything worked fine.

which motherboard do you have.
I have the same issue on Gigabyte BS450M DS3H . I did the same but it still doesn't work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!