Proxmox 4.3-1/e7cdc165 - Eratic concurrent guest network speed (Windows)

Tyran

Oct 4, 2016
Hi there,

I've recently installed Windows Server 2012 R2 on one of our Proxmox servers, and it's suffering from eratic concurrent network speeds. The host machine can consistently download at a solid 51MB/s, whilst the guest jumps to 9MB/s and then zero for a period of time again.

I've checked the source of the download location and it's fine, and it's the same sample I use on both host and guest.

This is on vmbr0 with an OVH virtual MAC address. I've tried another Virtual Max, and another network adapter and the same issue persists.

I have also tried the RedHat VirtIO driver - no improvement.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not sure but i can remember there was a problem like yours and the problem solved by ovh.
There was something wrong with the routing on OVH side.
Do you contact the support?

Did you try the e1000 interface?

What virtio triber version do you use in the windows VM?

Please send the output of

pveversion -v

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!