Proxmox 3.2 2 nodes with HA, master not accesible

gutidanny

Apr 1, 2014
Have 2 nodes cluster with Ver: 3.2-1/1933730b and HA. Two weeks ago every two days the vm running on master member cluster start to run slow. Can’t access that node through web console or SSH, but still can see it through ping. The two nodes have the same. If I able to access that node through SSH when I run pveversion –v shows:

Code:
 root@PROX1:~# pveversion -v
-bash: /usr/bin/pveversion: Input/output error

This is what is actually runs on does two:

Code:
pveversion -v
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.2-121 (running kernel: 2.6.32-27-pve)
pve-manager: 3.2-1 (running version: 3.2-1/1933730b)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-27-pve: 2.6.32-121
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.5-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.5-1
pve-cluster: 3.0-12
qemu-server: 3.1-15
pve-firmware: 1.1-2
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-14
libpve-access-control: 3.0-11
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-19
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-6
vzctl: 4.0-1pve4
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.7-4
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.4.2-1

I read something about a know issue at other post:

Fixed it. The issue was /sys/devices/virtual/net/vmbr0/bridge/multicast_snooping set to 1. Setting it to 0 and restarting cman fixed the problem. But in /etc/network/interfaces of kvm46 there is post-up command that sets it to 0, wierd.

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 10.255.254.46
netmask 255.255.255.0
bridge_ports eth1
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
post-up echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/net/vmbr0/bridge/multicast_snooping

Any help please!!!

Sorry for jumping in your post...but do you think its related to 2 node setup? How many issues you have with 2 node setup? What if you would add 2 more nodes then data would be same density? like each vm would be replicated just once?
Thanks and I hope someone from proxmox support will answer its pitty they do not have more resources for helping ppl :)

Sorry for jumping in your post...but do you think its related to 2 node setup? How many issues you have with 2 node setup? What if you would add 2 more nodes then data would be same density? like each vm would be replicated just once?
Thanks and I hope someone from proxmox support will answer its pitty they do not have more resources for helping ppl :)

I don't think the issue is related to the 2 node setup, actually this is the first issue. BTW, like I said the vms still running, can ping the primary node but can't access is through the web console or ssh and when ssh does work, doesn't show the pveversion -v, shows input/output, and the console shows connection faliure. This happens like every 2 days or something like that.

Thnz I hope someone can help

I don't think the issue is related to the 2 node setup, actually this is the first issue. BTW, like I said the vms still running, can ping the primary node but can't access is through the web console or ssh and when ssh does work, doesn't show the pveversion -v, shows input/output, and the console shows connection faliure. This happens like every 2 days or something like that.

Thnz I hope someone can help

Please, report your Hardware Setup, specially your NICs (brands and models)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!