Proxmox 2 PVEVMUser permissions

RRJ

Apr 14, 2010
Estonia, Tallinn
Hi,

is it a bug, or does a user with PVEVMUser permission should have an access to the network settings and be able to change them?
Seems like wrong to me. otherwise user can screw the whole networking thing up :)

oh, an update
and it seems user can create other users and view all settings..

and it seems user can create other users and view all settings..

Just tested, and I cannot reproduce this. A PVEVMUser does not have those rights. So I guess there is something wrong with you setup. Please post the requested file.

yeah, sorry.
tested once more and it seems, user with these rights cant modify those settings, but can see some of them :)
are there plans to make these settings for users invisible? :)

ok. thanks :)
could you please give me a hand and tell, how can i allow user to access storage with ISO and Template files, so one could create a virtual machine? cant figure it out.
btw, the upgrade script worked fine, great job. gonna try to use it on other hosts :)

ok. thanks :)
could you please give me a hand and tell, how can i allow user to access storage with ISO and Template files, so one could create a virtual machine? cant figure it out.
btw, the upgrade script worked fine, great job. gonna try to use it on other hosts :)

Try something like that:

# pveum aclmod /vms -user joe@pve -role PVEVMAdmin
# pveum aclmod /storage/<STOREID> -user joe@pve -role PVEDatatstoreUser

got your point. my bad was, that i gave storage worng name :)
another question - at this moment, can i limit number of virtual machines user can have? (both openvz and kvm and separately)

anything in plans? :)
it would be nice, if user could create only known number of VMs.

another quick question about swap in containers.. where is it now? in memory or on hdd of host? or container?

oh, thanks for that link, dietmar!
but to be sure i'd ask anyway: so the new swap system is actually memory and depends on hosts memory size? and the idea is to simulate swaping? what would be recommended settings or ratio? 1:1 as usual, or more?

found and answer
[h=2]How is VSwap Calculated?[/h]VSwap is calculated from the amount of burst memory you add to a virtual server. For example, if you specify 512MB Ram and 1024MB Burst the VSwap would be 512MB (1024MB - 512MB = 512MB).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!