proxmox 2.1 + iscsi error

matteo.s

May 22, 2012
I've recently updated to proxmox 2.1 from 1.9, by doing a clean install on the host machine (from cd).
All available updates installed. Now when i try to connect to a big iscsi disk I keep getting the following error

[sdg] Very big device. Trying to use READ CAPACITY(16).

However i can see disk correctly, with volume group and logical volumes all accessible.
# fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sdg: 4000.8 GB

Everything is working, apart from error in logfile.
Others smaller disks are correctly imported, and do not produce any error.
Same setup was working without any error with 1.9.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance

That kernel message is repeated every 20-30seconds, and logfile is grown to 1.6M in about 20 hours (>4100 messages already).
I've tried to connect another node to storage, with proxmox 1.9 installed, and I can see message only once, when disk is connected.
For reference:
xen201 kernel: scsi 6:0:0:0: Direct-Access IET VIRTUAL-DISK 0 PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
xen201 kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdg] Very big device. Trying to use READ CAPACITY(16).
xen201 kernel: sd 6:0:0:0: [sdg] 7814098944 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 TB/3.63 TiB)

and then message about capacity is repeated thousand times.

On the second node I get the very same kernel messages, and then nothing else.
I've tried to stress test i/o and I can get the same performance on both nodes, and no real error message. Only this annoying kernel message on the new node.

Thanks for your response.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!