Proxmox 2.1 hanging installation

Animoski

Aug 7, 2012
Just bought a new server from my datacenter and i've been trying to install proxmox 2.1 over KVM for the past 8 hours and nothing I do can seem to get it past the 8% installation mark on my server. It hangs when it tries to create a root filesystem, or it completely crashes the server and restarts it.

Other OS's install fine without any issues, and the HDD has been swapped out as well to no avail.

Anyone have some suggestions as how to get past this?

Just bought a new server from my datacenter and i've been trying to install proxmox 2.1 over KVM for the past 8 hours and nothing I do can seem to get it past the 8% installation mark on my server. It hangs when it tries to create a root filesystem, or it completely crashes the server and restarts it.

Other OS's install fine without any issues, and the HDD has been swapped out as well to no avail.

Anyone have some suggestions as how to get past this?

Check out cheat codes at http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Debugging_Installation

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!