Promox inbound to vm webserver failing?

whatcher1074

Oct 7, 2021
Hello, I have my promox datacent setup and vms working outbound to the internet NAT setup properly. I am trying to get inbound webserver routing setup and followed the promox fw rule instructions allowing ports in on 8080 my tomcat application server on the datacenter and individual vms but it still wont route to my vm that is running tomcat on port 8080. I know the vm is reachable from the linux promox server even doing a curl on the ip:8080 working as designed I cannot seem to use my one eth0 net ip public ip to go inbound to my vmbr0 bridge that has the apache tomcat vm port 8080. I think it is blocked on the host sever level but am not sure where?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!