Promox 8 can't boot

IT-META

Oct 18, 2024
Hello,

I have install Proxmox 8.2 on my computer on an NMVE ZFS Raid 1 Pool and it don't want to boot.

Hardware components :
- Motherboard : ASUS Tuf Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI
- CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core
- RAM : 4 x 32 GB Corsair 4800 Mhz
- NVME for RAID1 : KINGSTON SNV3S500G 500G & WESTERN DIGITAL SN580 500G
- GPU : Nvidia GEFORCE RTX4080

I have test to install Proxmox without RAID (only in on nvme disk with LVM) and it works.

I have updated Motherboard BIOS but it the same thing. Can anyone have an idea ?

Regards

Hey there It sounds like you’ve got some serious hardware, but boot issues with RAID ZFS can be really frustrating Make sure UEFI is enabled in your BIOS and check if the NVMe is properly configured.ometimes, motherboards have trouble booting from ZFS.You might also try disabling secure boot if it's enabled Some users faced similar issues, and that helped them.Let us know how it goes :)

The server is starting but the boot is blocking on hardware test (for example, one boot "reached target sound.target - Sound Card" and the next one "snd_hda_intel 0000:11:00.1 : Handle vga_switcheroo audio client). For the installation (Proxmox 8), I have to modify the grub with the option nomodeset for booting. And it has worked. I really want to install Proxmox 8.2 on a RAID1 pool. Anyone has an idea ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!