Problems with keyboard in FreeBSD installation as VM

Minotaur

Jun 20, 2019
Hello!

I've got into the problem with keyboard on my PVE 5.4 when I try to install FreeBSD 12.0 as Guest VM: in noVNC console left&right arrow keys do not work, down arrow key works as "Enter". In PVE 5.1 there was no such problem. I've noticed that novnc-pve package version differs in 5.4 and 5.1: 1.0.0-3 vs. 0.6-4.

In the PVE node's shell everything works fine. Problem is present only in noVNC console.

My browser is Firefox 67.0.2 running on FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE.
Any help to figure out the root of an issue is kindly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Cant confirm. Installed a FreeBSD 12 yesterday with 1.0.0-3 novnc, everything worked as expected. Maybe odd language settings?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!