[SOLVED] Problems upgrading from 6.4 to 7

TW1920

Dec 11, 2021
Hello together,

I upgraded my first instance (test instance) from 6.4 up to 7.1-1

I followed this:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade_from_6.x_to_7.0#In-Place_Upgrade

The update is done, having now a Bullseye and packages are all up - but it looks like PMG isn't working anymore as it should - especially the management interface isn't reachable anymore - smtp itself is still working and reachable.

Are any issues known upgrading from 6.4 to 7.x ? What can I do to fix it? I'm not so familiar with the Proxmox related interface.

Before I upgrade further (production) instances I would like to find out what went wrong or how to fix it.

Thanks for help.

Yes - the complete proxmox management interface is still not working. Only error that the browser can't establish a connection to the server :/

So looks like something is broken - does the management interface have a own logfile where I could check it?

Can you login to ssh? Run below command and show the output

Code:
systemctl | grep pmg
systemctl status pmgproxy
lsof -P -i -n | grep 8006

Last edited:
Mmmh, the both services do not exist :confused:
And on the Port 8006

I searched in the repo...
Bash:
apt list |grep proxmox
proxmox-mailgateway-container/stable 7.1-1 all [residual-config]

So looks like this package got removed don't know why. (the other packages were still existing)

So far I tried to reinstall:
Bash:
apt install proxmox-mailgateway-container
reboot

And yeah - it's working now with the updated version.

Thank you @hata_ph - your input has given me the right way. It's solved :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hata_ph

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!