Problems of functions on PVE when i update packets with command " dpkg -iGEB *.deb "

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Ho to all

Anybody can help me?

I installed PVE 2.2 (ISO installer), after i do update/upgrade but not from Internet, since I have to hand the files of PVE (.deb) most updated, then run "dpkg -iGEB *. deb" (Updating them locally), then after configure the two nodes, everything was working fine, including the cluster of PVE.

And today I noticed with surprise that do not work two features:
1 - In the main console of PVE (Web GUI) does not work the "shutdown" (KVM guests), but if it works on the console of PVE of the screen of VM
2 - Scheduled Backups not work from the PVE Web GUI
3 - God knows if something else is not working

Questions:
1- Is there any way to fix it quickly. For example reinstalling the updates but otherwise?
These servers are in production enviroment with several VMs.
2- If I want to redo the updates from my pendrive without leaving to Internet, what would the correct method?

I will be very grateful to anyone who can answer these questions

Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!