Problem with Tomcat not listening on ubuntu 10.4

K

ksosez

Hey all,

I did a clean install of a ubuntu 10.4 container under proxmox 2.0rc1 and then installed tomcat6. I got weird behavior the first time it would start and listen on port 8080 after a restart of tomcat6 it wouldnt listen anymore or just hang while listening.

There was nothing in the tomcat6 logs to indicate problems.

This was an openvz container. I also tested this on proxmox 1.8 and it works fine on that system after the tomcat restart.

Anyone else seeing this?

It occurs on a clean install of Ubuntu 10.4 openvz and Proxmox 2.0rc1. Just install tomcat and go to port 8080 it might work. Then restart tomcat and go to port 8080 and it stops working

Try assign 2 cpu's to the machine.

I recall this as being a known bug - and that is the fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue and I can confirm that assigning 2 CPUs to the container solved it. Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!